Monday, January 27, 2014

It's been a while...

I was surprised when I checked back here recently to find that my last post was from way back June 2012.  I didn't actually stop scrapping at that time.  I still created a few pages for Manor House Creations after that.







I also did a Guest DT spot for an Australian kit club Scrapbook Kits with A Difference for their November 2012 kit. Unfortunately, Jules (the owner) had to close the shop because her mother was diagnosed with cancer. 






I'm not sure what it was exactly, but I guess you can call it burn out.  I decided at that time to not try out for any more design teams, to take a break  from scrapbooking deadlines.  On hindsight, it looks like it was not my decision to make after all, as the past year has been such a blur.  It might have stopped me from scrapping, but did not stop me from taking photos to scrap when I am ready. 

I did however create 3 LOs last year (done in a rush the week before we left, as I had committed to do them already), 2 for a local challenge...




...and one for Scrapbook Magazine UK...



And now, after a year off, I think I am ready to get back into it.  I look at my work and I realize how much I miss "creating" and really need to make the time to do this for myself.  I also miss my scrap room and the scrap stuff that took me years to accumulate.  Thanks to my girlfriends for destashing and selling most of them for me.  I couldn't even bear to look at the pictures they posted of my stuff they were selling (ouch!).

So now I am back to square 1.  Well not really, because after 11 years I have a much clearer idea of my style and what works for me.  I like to think that I am smarter now about my scrapbooking purchases...my husband can only hope...

And, by the way, we have moved to the US and are in the middle of our 1st winter in MN...if you want, you can read more of what the last few months have been like for us here.

Ria

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic post. I really Loved the your unique content. Thanks for sharing with us.

Trading for beginners

tejaswani blogs said...


hey this is teju it was a fantastic article to read I loved it thanks for sharing
free social bookmrking sites list
updated social bookmarking sites list
new social bookmarking sites list 2020

Unknown said...

Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However,
is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more.
Cargo Services Dubai to Pakistan
Glass Works in Dubai

Unknown said...

I was very pleased to find this web site.I wanted to thank you for your time reading this magnificent!
leather jacket
wedding photography packages

deenadayalan said...

the article is very nice. and your blog is fantastic. thanks for the sharing.
website Re-design in chennai
Best Software company in Chennai
app development in chennai
mobile app development in chennai