Monday, September 5, 2011

Spam Love!

The August challenge for Nikki Sivils had us doing a LO on a subject that we don't normally scrap about, using the School is Cool collection.  For my LO, I decided to scrap about my family's favorite food for breakfast (or anytime, for that matter)...Spam...yes, the one in the can:)
I know this is weird for most Americans but in places where the US Forces were stationed, particularly during World War II, Spam has become a staple food as they were part of the rations -- like in Japan, Hawaii, Guam, and the Philippines.
My husband, who grew up in Minnesota where Spam is made (and yes, ate Spam because he is Filipino) tells me that his American best friend asked him once incredulously "How can you eat that???".  Even my American sister-in-law who has been married to my husband's brother for 20 years, had never eaten Spam and asked me "What is it, anyway?"  Too funny, especially when I've seen people (myself included) buy it by the case when it goes on sale here! 
Well, here in my house, we get our Spam fix at least once a month....maybe even more, and so finally, it has gotten the attention it deserves....a LO of its own...
Title: We Love Spam
Materials: Cardstock - Wassau, DCWV; Patterned papers, diecuts, stickers - Nikki Sivils; Vinyl Alpha - American Crafts; Pen - American Crafts
Journaling: Spam is, hands-down, our family's favorite breakfast food, be it sugared, sticks or plain pan-fried...it goes so well with garlic rice!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't had a slice of SPAM since I was teenager! I love that you made a page about it! Too funny! Great page and the collection looks awesome!

OhioDanielle said...

You make spam look gorgeous! Nice page and congrats on being a Dottess!!