Thursday, October 25, 2007

Holidays Clock

I've been wanting to do an altered clock for the longest time and I'm glad I finally did one using the Travel Stamp set from Absolument Scrap.

It isn't as hard as I thought -- it was easy actually. The hardest part for me in this project was to alter the clock frame because it was plastic silver and didn't fit the papers that I used inside.

So I applied gesso to help the acrylic paint adhere better and to add texture to the frame. After letting the paint dry, I rubbed some gold metallic rub-on cream on it to give it an old, burnished look.

I then stamped the flourishes from the Absolument Scrap Travel Set with Staz-on before applying some Diamond Glaze to seal it in. It's weird though that the red Staz-on smeared when I applied the glaze but the brown didn't.

Materials Used: Autumn Leaves papers, Basic Grey number stickers, Prima flower, Absolument Scrap stamps, Ancient Page and Staz-On inks, misc lace and ricrack

No comments: