Friday, October 19, 2007

Do You Know Where You're Going To?

This is my entry to the final round of the Bad Girls Top Designer Contest. I never expected to make it all the way to the final 10 and just did each class as best as I could.

This was a very unique learning experience for me as each week we were asked to focus on a design element -- and learned to look at my LOs in a different light. So even if I don't win this contest, I still come out on top because of all that I've learned here.

Title: Do You Know Where You're Going to?

Pull-Out Journaling: Dear Bianca, Though the road may not always be easy, know that we will always be behind you. Love, Mom and Dad; Photo Sep. 3, 2007

Journaling Card: "How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

Materials: Basic Grey and Autumn Leaves papers, Fancy Pants chipboard, Daisy Ds die-cut tags, Heidi Swapp chipboard letters, American Crafts rub-on letters, 7 Gypsies metal clip, Prima flower, Creative Imaginations spiral clip, Colorbox ink, Autumn Leaves stamp, misc. lace

Update: Woohoo! I made 3rd Runner-Up in the Top Designer Contest! This is way cool!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats! I love it! I would have picked you to be the winner! I love contests like this. I just voted for the Fields of the world contest. All of the pictures were so pretty! Did you vote for that one?? http://1800flowers.eprize.net/fieldsoftheworld/

Lei said...

Congratulations!!!! galing mo talaga.. kakaiba ang talent mo. Im sure next year ikaw na ang Top Designer

Christine said...

CONGRATS, Ria!!! You did well!!! I am super proud of you! If it were up to me, I'd have picked you as the TOP designer of that class!... of course, 3rd runner up is cool, too! :) Have fun with those goodies coming your way!

RiNNE said...

Congrats, Ria! Awesome job..love the wings!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Congrats on 3rd place! First time visitor to your blog - love it already! Love the LO - super creative. :)

Scrappermania said...

Congrats, Ria! Awesome Layout!