Sunday, June 24, 2007

Let's Play Tag

Christine tagged me.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts about themselves on their Blog. People who are tagged need to blog 7 facts about themselves and post the rules as well. At the end of their blog list 7 people you are tagging. Let them know that they are tagged by leaving them a comment.

So here it is...7 Random Facts About Me

1. Spanish was my first language. Upto about 4 yrs old, it was all I spoke. Now I speak very little of it but can understand some conversations if they speak slooooooowly.

2. I belong to a family of 6 siblings -- 3 boys, 3 girls. I am the 2nd child, eldest girl. As kids and teens, we did a lot of traveling together with my cousins and our parents (all 14 of us). It was a fun childhood that we still enjoy reminiscing about.

3. I met Bud via a blind-date. Two people who didn't know each other -- Eunice, my SFC HH-mate/Bud's aunt and Vic, my office-mate/Bud's cousin-in-law -- were setting us up. Eunice got to us first. It was a group blind date at The Conservatory in the Penn and ours was the only one that worked out.

4. I have 48 pairs of black footwear in my shoe closet -- sandals, mules, pumps, boots, heels, flats, mocassins, sneakers, etc. How many of them have I worn in the past month? 1.

5. I had a very strict upbringing. I never went to any high school parties, only went to 2 soirees (do they still do this now?) and our car, driver and yaya followed my date (whom I met the week before thru well-meaning classmates) & I to the prom and back. My younger siblings chaperoned me until age 25, I think. Am I sounding repressed now? Haha!

6. I am a shopaholic. Before I discovered scrapbooking, shopping was the only passion I could indulge in -- I love to eat, too, but I only indulge in this when I'm pregnant. When I was single and lived in my mom's house, I would sneak my shopping bags past my mom and hide them under my bed, or I would never hear the end of it!

7. I gained at least 50 lbs during each of my 3 pregnancies, and then lost most of it a few months after giving birth (not without effort). I'm lucky to have had the easiest, by-the-book pregnancies. So, I figured that since I watch what I eat when I'm not pregnant, I might as well eat whatever I want when I'm pregnant, since I'm going to get big anyway!

Who do I tag next? I tag Mia Castrillo, Helga, Quielle, Raissa, Jen B, Roslyn, and Olive.

1 comment:

Anna Zalamea said...

I can relate to #5 on your list! When I was 14, my crush from HS wanted to call me. And my parents would only allow me to speak to him on the phone for 3 minutes! Then I had to bring my older brother with me as my chaperone for soirees. Then when we moved to Canada after my 2nd yr. HS, I thought they wouldn't be so strict and they would adapt to the more liberal "Western" ways, but noooo…hahaha. But I think I turned out normal naman. ;)