Friday, June 1, 2007

I love Daisy Ds!!!

I woke up early this morning, went straight to my scrap room to turn my pc on because I have so much work to do -- Scrapbytes, my demo for Ready, Set, Scrap and other scrap-related stuff.
This was the 1st message in my inbox:

From: heather@daisydspaper.com

To: ria_mojica

Sent: Saturday, June 2, 2007 2:44:41 AM

Subject:
Complimentary Gift Certificate

Ria Mojica -
Thank you for participating in our May Motherhood contest.
You have been selected as our Grand Prize winner, congratulations! Please accept this Gift Certificate on behalf of the Daisy D's Paper Retail management. We hope you are able to find some great products to help you make your memories last.

As a convenience, an account has already been created for you to shop with.

Thank you and enjoy shopping!

Daisy D's Paper Retail


I was jumping for joy! Good thing Bud was already awake, I got him out of the bathroom to tell him the great news right away! I even checked out the Daisy Ds site and saw my LO in their gallery, just to make sure it's not a hoax! Haha.

I love this LO, and to think I did this in a rush because I only found out about the "Unexpected Lessons of Motherhood Contest" last May 30 and the deadline was for May 31. Luckily, I already had the required papers for the contest. I knew immediately that I wanted to use flowers for my journaling tidbits and just had to find a way to make everything work -- and, of course, figure out what motherhood has taught me.

I wish I can just go shopping now with my GC but I still have so much work to do, so shopping will have to take a back seat for now.

Title: What Motherhood has Taught Me

Journaling:
- If there's no blood, it's almost always going to be ok
- Turning the TV "on" can fix almost anything
- Barney is my best friend
- Children don't grow smaller
- Your heart does grow bigger with each child

Materials Used: Daisy Ds Chasing Butterflies pps, DCWV cs, EK Success stamps, Ancient Page and Chalk inks, Karen Foster brads, Jo-ann word clip, Making Memories acrylic paint, Zig pen, misc fiber

What a great start to my week-end!

1 comment:

Jenn Valmonte said...

congratulations, ria! your layout is really beautiful!