Thursday, June 7, 2007

Coke Bottle

I started my Basic Photography Course under Jo Avila last Tuesday, June 5. Our 1st assignment was to take a picture of a Coke bottle used in a "creative way". After several attempts at trying to make an empty bottle taking a shower in my waterfall feature look sexy, I knew there had to be a better way -- but how?

Good thing I mentioned my dilemma to April, who suggested that I convert it to a milk bottle and have Bianca drink from it.

This shot on the left was the one I submitted last night, and the next one is the one he preferred, because, after all, the Coke bottle is supposed to be my hero - not my daughter...haha!


But overall, I didn't do too badly. He only basically said that it would've been better if Bianca was looking at the camera (with an almost 2-yr old you never really know if you'll get that shot). It would also have been better if Bianca had less forehead -- I need to cut her hair to give her bangs! The background was also a bit distracting cos there were plants on one side and a white wall on the other.

But he didn't criticize my lighting and all the other settings, so I think I can live with that.


Major learnings so far:
  • set RGB mode to Adobe RGB which has more colors than SRGB
  • shoot in RAW mode, not jpeg
  • shoot what you like -- I learned I'm just not interested in shooting inanimate objects -- I need people, particularly my kids, in the picture

No comments: