Friday, March 23, 2007

Leave It

Photo from www.myscrapworks.com

I finally got the courage to post this LO from last Sunday's Haribon Scrap Event. It's not my best work but the more I look at it, the more I realize that I really wouldn't change a thing about it. If I had to do it all over again, I think my LO would still be pretty much the same.

I realized that, on its own, it's not so bad. It's just that it pales in comparison to all the other oh-so-colorful and happy LOs, because of its muted color scheme. So I decided to do as it says and just "Leave It"!

Which brings me to a conscious decision that I made recently -- "make the best of what is given to you". Not that I've been complaining about my lot in life -- I don't recall ever having done that because I'm just really a "glass-is-half-full" kind of person. I know that I am blessed with so much -- maybe it's human nature to want more. Now I will make a conscious effort to make use of what I have first before asking for more --- it is only fitting considering how much scrap stuff I yet have to use.

Materials Used: Basic grey pps, chipboard arrow and alpha stickers; Maya Road chipboard scroll; Lil Davis glitter glaze and journaling stamp; Zig pen; Colorbox Chalk ink; eyelets.

Journaling: Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. Teddy Roosevelt

No comments: