Monday, January 15, 2007

Mary Grace Rocks!

For the 1st-time ever, an accomplished and much-published scrapper visited Manila and took time-out to hold some classes. Mary Grace Abuzman of 2 Peas in a Bucket, Fontwerks, Hambly, Lil Davis (among others) fame was in town!
I still have to wait for Jeff to give me my pic with MG but she is even more awesome in real life. She is the sweetest person -- I can't believe she said she's SHY!
For those dying to see what was in our kits, here it is! Sorry we can't show you the class notes cos they're MG's intellectual property but we can show you our finished projects at the eb!
Personal Growth Class: kit includes a Fontwerks Date Stamp, Scenic Route Chipboard Alphabet (yes, the whole set), a Hambly Screen Print, Prima flowers, cardstock and other embellishments. We also got to heat emboss with UTEE and tried the oh-so-fine MM Glitter! The LOs were much simpler than I'm accustomed to so I'm still thinking on whether or not I can leave it as is (I'm giving myself one more night to sleep on it).

The Naked Truth Class: kit includes American Crafts Alphabet Rub-ons (yes, the whole set), 7 Gypsies 99% Sticker sheets (Family & Notebook), pps from Basic grey, My Mind's Eye, Fontwerks, Autumn Leaves, Around the Block, Heidi Swapp large flower, Prima felt flower, Autumn Leaves pin, MM Crystal brads, accordion album and catalog cards and other embellishments.
Both classes took much longer than anticipated because everyone was so OC personalizing their projects.
As if the kits, classes and food wasn't enough, there were raffle prizes for everyone and here's what I got:
We definitely got much, much more than we paid for, and as Sahrie said -- this will never happen again. She just wanted to give us locals a taste of scrapbooking classes in the US so we know what to expect next time around.
Thanks to Sahrie and Mary Grace for making all this possible. And MG, please tell your other Pinoy scrapper friends like Joy, Jaymie, Melette and others (non-Pinoys too!)that they're welcome to come over anytime!

1 comment:

Lei said...

wow.. ang ganda ng kits.. kainggit!